Public Recycling Center
RECYCLABLE MATERIAL ACCEPTED FOR DROP-OFF:
- Mixed Paper
- Plastic Containers
- Film Plastic
- Used Motor Oil Filters
- Used Motor Oil (up to 15 gallons)
- Used Motor Antifreeze (up to 10 gallons)
- Paint (up to 10 gallons) – Click Here for accepted paints
- Electronics (Computers, TV’s, cell phones, faxes, VCR’s, etc.)
- Fluorescent Lighting Tubes (household only, 6 tubes per visit, must be less than 6ft)
- Household Batteries
- Sharps (must be containerized in an authorized Sharps container)
- Cooking Oil (residential only up to 15 gallons)
- Medicine/Pharmaceuticals (non-controlled substances)
- Automobile batteries
- Small Appliances
RECYCLABLE MATERIAL ACCEPTED FOR BUYBACK:
California redemption value (CRV) containers may be redeemed at the Buy-Back Center. Look for “CA CRV” on the container.
- Description of Items AcceptedRate
- Aluminum Cans$1.57 per lb
- Glass$0.104 per lb
- #1 PET Plastic$1.19 per lb
- #2 HDPE Plastic$.56 per lb
- #3 PVC Plastic$.56 per lb
- #4 LDPE Plastic$2.06 per lb
- #5 PP Plastic$.53 per lb
- #6 PS Plastic$5.67 per lb
- #7 Other$.32 per lb
- Bi-Metal$.33 per lb
South Bay Recycling has partnered with Goodwill Industries to provide customers with the ability to drop off additional unwanted items.
Please see this list to find out what items are accepted in the Goodwill Blue Bin. You may print out a donation form prior to claim your donation on your taxes.
WE PURCHASE CARDBOARD!
Payment per pound
- 300-999 lbs.$0.045 per lb
- 1,000 lbs. +$0.05 per lb
Daily Load Limits – English
Daily Load Limits – Spanish
Recycling Refund Law Change – non-CRV material
- Effective January 1, 2014, in accordance with the revisions to Title 14 of the California Code of Regulations (14CCR), Section 2535(f), a certified recycler shall not pay refund value to, or claim refund value for any material received from any person, operation or entity who is not certified by the Division, delivering a load of material in excess of 100 pounds of aluminum or plastic beverage containers, or 1,000 pounds of glass beverage containers, per day.
- Effective November 1, 2013 consumer will no longer be allowed to include non-CRV containers with CRV-eligible containers when bringing recyclables to recycling centers for redemption.